• RAHUL K REVLANA
How to Install Active Directory on Windows Server 2003
This topic explains how to install Active Directory on a Windows Server 2003 for the purposes of setting up a PKI/Exchange test environment.
The computer account and domain names used in this procedure are based on the test environment described in Implementing an Exchange 2003-Based Message Security System in a Test Environment.
Before You Begin
Either at the console or through a terminal session, log on to CONT-CA01 as a member of the Administrators group.
To install Active Directory on Windows Server 2003
1. Click Start, click Run, type dcpromo, and then click OK.
2. On the first page of the Active Directory Installation Wizard, click Next.
If this is the first time you have installed Active Directory, you can click Active Directory Help to learn more about Active Directory before clicking Next.
3. On the next page of the Active Directory Installation Wizard, click Next.
4. On the Domain Controller Type page, click Domain Controller for a new domain, and then click Next.
5. On the Create New Domain page, click Domain in a new forest, and then click Next.
6. On the New Domain Name page, in the Full DNS name for new domain box, type corp.contoso.com, and then click Next.
7. On the Database and Log Folders page, accept the defaults in the Database folder box and the Log folder box, and then click Next.
8. On the Shared System Volume page, accept the default in the Folder location box, and then click Next.
9. On the DNS Registration Diagnostics page, click Install and configure the DNS server on this computer and set this computer to use this DNS server as its preferred DNS Server, and then click Next.
10. On the Permissions page, click Permissions compatible only with Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 operating systems, and then click Next.
11. On the Directory Services Restore Mode Administrator Password page, enter a password in the Restore Mode Password box, retype the password to confirm it in the Confirm password box, and then click Next.
Consult your organization's security policy to ensure that the password you select meets your organization's security requirements.
12. On the Summary page, confirm the information is correct, and then click Next.
13. When prompted to restart the computer, click Restart now.
14. After the computer restarts, log on to CONT-CA01 as a member of the Administrators group.
Rahul k Revlana